Grand Rapids, MI
Vitreo-Retinal Associates, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is seeking an Ophthalmic Technician to join our team! Our office specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the eye including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, macular disease, and retinal detachment. The Ophthalmic Technician performs patient histories, completes requested ophthalmic testing, and consistently provides superior customer service for the patients.
- Interact with patients to accurately gather information and enter into electronic medical records related to their health history, visual acuity measurements, lensometry (measurement for the glasses prescription), tonometry (measurement of eye pressure), refracting, etc.
- Conduct tests and measure eye muscle function, pupil size, and reactivity.
- Assist with surgical procedures.
- Responsible for helping other team members and other special projects as requested.
- Minimum of a High school diploma.
- Prior Ophthalmology or medical background preferred.
- Experience with NextGen software or other EHR preferred.
- Superior computer skills.
- A team-player with great attention to detail.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient friendly personality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well Organized.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Some travel between offices will/may be required.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**